Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early check-in for companion

johnindallas
Adventurer C

Learned something new yesterday.

I’m A-List Preferred and my wife flies with me on Companion Pass periodically. For several years, I’ve bought Early Bird Check-In when she’s been traveling with me on CP.

i canceled some tix yesterday with refund to my CC of the airport fees. Called SWA customer service on another question and asked if EBCI was still non-refundable if canceling a ticket.

Yes, it’s non-refundable, but I was told I don’t need it. If my wife is traveling with me on CP, she now automatically gets early check-in since I’m premium status. This is evidently a new policy within the past few months from what I was told. That’s great!

It made me think of the test period a few years back at a couple airports including DAL) where Southwest allowed companions to board with their A1-15 flying partners no matter their own assigned position. Maybe that has a chance of resurrection once we get past COVID.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Early check-in for companion

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

That's cool - thanks for sharing this!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

Re: Early check-in for companion

dfwskier
Aviator A

You could tell SW that you'd like to see that happen by contacting Customer Relations.

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contact-Customer-Relations/ta-p/108355