Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Enough with the complaints about seating.

ffflyer
Frequent Flyer B

SWA boarding is a free for all. There are no reserved seats. You don't know where you will be sitting or whether or not there will be enough empty seats for you to can sit with others in your party, family, kids, co-workers, whatever.

But you know this up front. Before you bought your tickets right?

Why then come here and complain?

If you need to sit in a certain seat or next to certain people why would you buy a ticket on an airline that doesn't allow you to reserve seats in advance?

Enough with the complaints about seating.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Enough with the complaints about seating.

dfwskier
Aviator A

I couldnt have said it better myself.

If you don't like the product, why buy it?

It's like buying a car with a record of bad gas mileage, and then complaining about the bad gas mileage.

ronnyradio
Adventurer A

SWA boarding is a free for all. There are no reserved seats. (Except when people save seats or people fake disability to board early or have an eBay approved ESA)

You don't know where you will be sitting or whether or not there will be enough empty seats for you to can sit with others in your party, family, kids, co-workers, whatever.

But you know this up front. Before you bought your tickets right? (and your point is?)

Why then come here and complain? (Because SWA monetizes their boarding order with BS premium pricing, A1-15 at-gate purchase, Earlybird, A-list benefits etc. that people DO value and buy because they want to sit together with others in their party, family kids, co-workers, whatever)

If you need to sit in a certain seat or next to certain people why would you buy a ticket on an airline that doesn't allow you to reserve seats in advance? (Because  we ALL don't live in cities that have multiple options - glad you do)

Enough with the complaints about seating. (Got it - anyone who wants to will run it by you before posting)

dfwskier
Aviator A

@ronnyradio wrote:

You don't know where you will be sitting or whether or not there will be enough empty seats for you to can sit with others in your party, family, kids, co-workers, whatever.

But you know this up front. Before you bought your tickets right? (and your point is?)

I think the point is that if you're told what you are going to get, and then you recieved exactly what you were told you were going to get , then you are being disingenuous in complaining about what you got.

Why then come here and complain? (Because SWA monetizes their boarding order with BS premium pricing, A1-15 at-gate purchase, Earlybird, A-list benefits etc. that people DO value and buy because they want to sit together with others in their party, family kids, co-workers, whatever)

See my comment immediately above

If you need to sit in a certain seat or next to certain people why would you buy a ticket on an airline that doesn't allow you to reserve seats in advance? (Because  we ALL don't live in cities that have multiple options - glad you do)

Really? I am unaware of ANY CITY where Southwest is the only carrier serving the city. Where do you live?

Enough with the complaints about seating. (Got it - anyone who wants to will run it by you before posting)

Southwest gains significant operational efficiency from open boarding. It ain't gonna change in your lifetime. If you don' like it, then fly somebody else, or maybe fly Greyhound.