Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Error message when looking at reservation

Kshay121212
Explorer C

Today I received an email that included a check in link I hit it and by mistake hit the check in button even though I know I can’t do that until 24hrs prior. After I did this i went to check my reservation I keep receiving an error message that states it’s due to a delete boarding pass service error. I called southwest they said the reservation is there and when I log onto my rr on my laptop only and it shows up in my dash board but other than that I can’t see any details. Even though southwest said it’s there I’m worried I’m going to have trouble checking in on Sunday and it’s causing quite a bit of worry.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Error message when looking at reservation

bec102896
Aviator A

I've haven't heard of that error before. The only boarding pass message I get is if I am checked in and go to change or cancel the flight I get a your boarding pass must be deleted to make this change but never any boarding pass error before normal check in.

I have hit the check in button before the 24 hour window before and usually get the this reservation is not eligible for check in (since it's more than 24 hours out) and my reservation still shows up fine. 

Do you have the Southwest app? Maybe try and see if you can view your reservation that way. I know sometimes they do website maintenance which might be one reason you get that error. 

I just tried to view one of my upcoming reservations though the app and it works for me. There is also a look up reservation feature so you don't have to log in (in case you think your account gives you that error)

Hope this helps

Blake 

deeto708
Explorer C

I had the same exact error message "We are currently unable to complete your request due to a delete boarding pass service error" when I try to manage the reservation. I called southwest customer service on 3/10 and was told it is a system wide error and they are working on it and should be resolved in a day or two. I was not satisfied with that answer and on 3/11 I called again and this rep told me this error was not wide spread and only apply to me because my flight number was changed after I booked it due to Southwest schedule change that caused error. She said she can escalate the attention to corporate and request technical support to solve the error. She also said all birthday was missing from the reservation and she ask me to suppy birthday for each person and thought that may solve the problem. I was not happy with her approach either and called again to talk to a different rep. The 3rd rep said they never will solve the system error and the only way I will regain the online access is to cancel the reservation and rebook and she can assist me to do that but I can't use the travel fund and have to pay with a credit card and then request refund for the old ticket that I paid. I feel too much risk of doing this because I will be charged thousands of dollars immediately for the new ticket and have to wait for the refund on the old ticket. So I don't know what to do. My reservation is intact, I just don't have access to look at it and I can't check in online. I have to call to ask them to check me in. I holded 70 minutes last call before any live person picked up.

Charpow
Explorer C

Were you able to resolve the issue? I am having the same problem with a flight that leaves Thursday morning. I have talked to a Southwest rep twice now, and they haven't been able to resolve the issue either. 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

We're sorry for any issues you encountered checking in. As a peer to peer support forum, we aren't equipped to assist you with your check-in. Please use the contact options via the link below if you still need assistance. We look forward to seeing you very soon!

Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint

Nicole
Community Manager

Charpow
Explorer C

Were you able to resolve the issue? I am having the same problem with a flight that leaves Thursday morning. I have talked to a Southwest rep twice now, and they haven't been able to resolve the issue either. 

crgage
Explorer C

How did this work out for you? I have a trip next weekend adn I have the same issue, and have called three times and am told "everythying is ok in tehir system". Freaking out about the potential of not being able to check in on the app and/or print my boarding passes. Thanks

Charpow
Explorer C

I am having the same issue with my flight that leaves Thursday. Were you able to check into your flight ok? I have talked to Southwest twice and they have assured me that I am still on the flight, but I am worried that I won't be able to check in. 

Flash_PDX
Explorer C

Same issue here. Called customer representative. 16 minutes of wait to reach a person.  Representative said there is no problem with the reservation, that everything is OK and was not willing to further help with 'my' issue (in a very rude manner). So here I am without access to my reservation in case I need any change.... and of course no chances for check-in on-line.

Anyone had better luck? Any issues to check in at airport?

dfwskier
Aviator A

Morning. Two questions here

1) Have you tried accessing via web and app?

2) Does it show up as an upcoming flight on either of the above?

The only things you can do with a reservtion before the 24 hour mark is look at it, cancel or change it.