Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Family Boarding

Explorer C

SWA's family boarding states its for families with children aged 6 and under.  This is total BS.  We were recently on four flights and each flight had "families" with children and very few of the children were 6 and under.   It would really be nice if SWA would inforce their own rules.  This accompanied with all the pre-boarding and the buying an early boarding pass and no longer the cheapest has put me off SWA for good. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Family Boarding

Jmerl
Explorer C

If a parent is traveling by self with children under age of 12 they should be able to get on with family boarding - a child should not have to sit with some random people who have to walk to the bathroom with them etc - most children I know who are 8, 9 or 10 should not be in the care of other people bc some SWA employee named Neshan at DCA won’t let the mom traveling by herself board with her kids.

Re: Family Boarding

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Hey there,

Mind if I hop in? Families sitting together is important for everyone, and I truly apologize for the inconvenience and frustration.

This sounds like the type of feedback that the airline would love to hear from you directly, and you can reach out via: https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html.

Safe travels!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger