Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Family of 6 with 4 kids

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

This thread is exactly why there is so much complaining on this board about family boarding abuse.  Someone is always trying to manipulate the crystal clear rule.

@floridaguy As someone who has frequently instigated or antagonized those having these types of discussions I'm not sure you should be complaining about their existence.

As originally stated, this family should have no problem boarding all together during family boarding and if I saw it I would be glad Southwest was understanding of their situation and let them board together. 

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

I didn't write the policy, Southwest did.  The policy is clear.  What's the point of the policy if it gets tossed aside at will?

Where does this end?  A group of people show up, grandma, grandpa, cousins, etc. and declare themselves to be a family.  Some of them are children, some not.  You end up with everyone wanting to board between A and B to get better seats.

Whatever Southwest agrees to in their policy is fine with me.  I have read people say on this board how the family boarding is abused.  Again, I didn't write the policy, Southwest did.

The DOT says it all.  Find an airline that accommodates your needs.  

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy when you're in charge you can transform Southwest into Frontier. Until then I'm glad they have heart and use policies as guidelines that can be adjusted in the right situations, as determined by the wonderful employees of Southwest. 

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

This is not about me, this is about Southwest policy.  I'd appreciate if you refrain from personalizing the information in this thread.

I am completely on board with Southwest rewriting the policy.  Heck, let EVERYONE board on family boarding if they like.  

Let me know what the rule is when it changes.  

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy since you are not in charge I have recognized this policy is not about you. However, this discussion is about your inability to understand there are acceptable adjustments to policy that enable Southwest to provide a good customer service experience.

--TheMiddleSeat

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

if same reservation will be A53-A58