Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

First time checking in

1stflight
Explorer C

Hi everyone;

My kids will be flying in the next month and I've never done the check in for Southwest.  I also purchased the early bird for them.  So, my question is, do I make a phone call, go online, use the app????? Can someone explain in detail the process from start to finish as the FAQ's do nothing to help me.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Re: First time checking in

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

If everyone on the reservation has EarlyBird then you don't need to do much. To get your boarding passes which allow you to get on the plane you can either go to the airport and print out your passes from a kiosk when you check your bags OR go to southwest.com and use the check-in function any time within 24 hours of flight departure. That's it.

If not everyone has EarlyBird then you will want to do the online check-in process as close to 24 hours before your flight as possible, but no more than 24 hours before. 

Of course you can do this on the app, then have your boarding pass on your phone, but the easiest thing is to just print boarding passes at home or at the airport. 

--TheMiddleSeat

1stflight
Explorer C

Thanks for the insight and help.

ksbrg
Employee
Employee

Hope the enjoy the flight, @1stflight! It's great that they have Early Bird, especially for their first time.

Would love to hear how it goes - let us know!