Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight 617 Chi-Dal

Quelito15
Explorer C

Disappointed in  3 of the 4 delays this flight has had in the past 45 minutes . Initial delay; we received emails. Gate was changed 45-50 before “take off” time. Then has been delayed 3 more times since. We were finally notified that we didn’t have a crew present yet “They are still in the air”. We were told that at our “scheduled” boarding time. I know things happen. It could have been taken care of differently 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Flight 617 Chi-Dal

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Quelito15  I think many of us have been in your position before. It’s not fun to add frustration on top of an already stressful situation. One tip I always try to remind myself is that SWA employees are human and the situation that is unraveling is not intentional. 

You can contact SWA on Twitter and send a DM voicing your concerns if you would like.  The most you will probably  get is an apology, but at least your compliant was heard. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

Re: Flight 617 Chi-Dal

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Quelito15 wrote:

Disappointed in  3 of the 4 delays this flight has had in the past 45 minutes . Initial delay; we received emails. Gate was changed 45-50 before “take off” time. Then has been delayed 3 more times since. We were finally notified that we didn’t have a crew present yet “They are still in the air”. We were told that at our “scheduled” boarding time. I know things happen. It could have been taken care of differently 

Apparently there is a constant shuffling of crew since they can work limited hours per day and due to delays in and out of various airports the originally scheduled crew may have been reassigned to replace the incoming group's positions so that they weren't waiting around.

Anyway, I hope the rest of your trip goes more smoothly.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.