Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Cancelled

allymorales
Explorer C

I got a txt message regarding my flight being canceled but I go into the app and it doesn’t say anything about it being canceled. Is the app not updated or..??

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Flight Cancelled

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The Southwest app or website will be the best source of information. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Progstress
Explorer C

Not true. My flight in my layover city on the 25th was cancelled. We kept seeing delay updates on the board and then it finally cancelled 7 hours later.  I received a text the next day saying it was rebooked for 5:05am on the 28th (tomorrow). I received a text yesterday saying that flight was cancelled. The website maintains that the flight tomorrow morning is still happening.  The website still maintains that the layover flight went out as originally scheduled. I am in limbo with no flight tomorrow.

dfwskier
Aviator A

You can check on the status of your flight here:

https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-status/?clk=GSUBNAV-FLTSTATUS

There are reports that the airline has moved some passengers to standby status. To check your status, just check in again.

AkeemHasan
Explorer C

I received a similar cancellation text for flight 685 departing from Detroit on December 29th. I can see the status of flight 685 up to December 28th but I can not for December 29th. Is this flight also canceled? What is the fallback plan? I need to know asap because I have a connecting flight the next day 30th from New York to Dhaka, Bangladesh. Please advise!

RareTraveler
Explorer A

Website has said my flight is still happening all day despite me getting two texts today that my outgoing flight to Philly is cancelled. Website is not accurate. It looks like I am still scheduled to leave tomorrow but when I go to check in for tomorrow's flight, it states that I have to wait until Saturday morning to check in - that is my flight back home. 

Extremely disappointing that they can't even update their website considering no one can et through on the phones.

allymorales
Explorer C

same, I am trying to check my flight status on the app but it doesn’t allow me to check for my flight on the 29th. 

AkeemHasan
Explorer C

I called customer service for SW Vacation and requested a callback. I am still waiting. I am told, there is a 20-minute waiting time. I am not sure whether it is worth waiting. Has anyone tried it?   

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Southwest Vacations is NOT Southwest Airlines and I would not believe anything Southwest Vacations says regarding flights. If you booked a hotel package that can be discussed with Southwest Vacations, but go directly to Southwest Airlines for flight information.

--TheMiddleSeat

iamalizard
Explorer C

I'm in the same situation where I've gotten two texts today saying my flight on the 29th is canceled, but have been struggling to find matching information anywhere online until a few minutes ago. It looks like the website interface here,https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-status/?clk=GSUBNAV-FLTSTATUS, where someone else suggested to check flight status, only lets you select dates between yesterday and tomorrow. However I just noticed that if you go directly to https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-status/path.html?departureDate=2022-12-29&flightNumber=3339  , it seems to actually give you up-to-date info that matches what these flight cancellation texts are saying.  You have to manually change the departureDate and flightNumber query parameters in the url to get it to work for your specific flight number and departure date though. I can't really vouch for the accuracy of this approach, but it's the only thing I've found online that at least appears to match both the currently available flight status data from flightaware.com (so up to tomorrow) as well as recently received flight cancellation texts. Hopefully that helps provide some degree of confidence that your flights are actually cancelled. I'm assuming those cancellation texts were accurate now and making alternate travel plans.