Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Change/EBCI

nushkin
Explorer A

This has probably been answered before so I'm sorry if it is a repeat.  Southwest changed my flight on which I had early bird check in.  Does my place on the check in list change to when the new flight was assigned or does the time of my original purchase apply to the new flight? Also, if I use the 14-day period to change to a different flight does the same scenario still apply.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Flight Change/EBCI

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

EBCI remains on the reservation, but my experience is you go to the "back of the line" for the flight you move to.  Basically it's as if you just purchased the flight and get added to the EBCI queue.  There's no definitive way to know this, that's just based on some experience I've had and guessing regarding the boarding position I get.

--TheMiddleSeat

nushkin
Explorer A

I would understand this on a flight I changed, but when they make the change and I accept it without making a change to a different flight of my preference they should use the time and date of my initial booking to determine my place in line.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Sure, that would be nice.  As I said, there's no way we can know one way or another since no one has access to that data.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

I suspect SW has a computer systems that do not allow a manual overide.

The system is probably set up to apply the EBCI in the order bought (or added) for every flight.

So if you change to a different flight, EBCI applies to that flight on the date/time you make the change to the new flight..

nushkin
Explorer A

Yes, I understand that, but the key word in your last sentence is "you".  "They" made the change, not me.