Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight change madness

barryluvsswa
Explorer C

No one can control the weather and changing of flights.  What can be controlled is SWA gate personnel understanding that a Companion traveling with the primary, who is also A list preferred should be able to board with regardless of what boarding pass number.  First flight that was cancelled A16/17.  Rebooked B34 (of course boarding at end of A) and me….B33 which means 32 more people get on before me.  Come on Southwest the gate agents should be able to see what happened, know the rules and let me board with her.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Flight change madness

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I don't believe there's any indication on the boarding pass that says "companion" so they would have to rely on your word, which as you can probably imagine, might lead to trouble. It's not so much not knowing the rules as perhaps not being able to make the determination that the flyer qualifies. You could provide your feedback to Southwest, it might lead to positive changes. Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message.

--TheMiddleSeat

barryluvsswa
Explorer C

Wrong it says Companion right on it.  All boarding passes say it when it’s being used

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@barryluvsswa wrote:

Wrong it says Companion right on it.  All boarding passes say it when it’s being used

Cool. Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message. 

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@barryluvsswa wrote:

No one can control the weather and changing of flights.  What can be controlled is SWA gate personnel understanding that a Companion traveling with the primary, who is also A list preferred should be able to board with regardless of what boarding pass number.  First flight that was cancelled A16/17.  Rebooked B34 (of course boarding at end of A) and me….B33 which means 32 more people get on before me.  Come on Southwest the gate agents should be able to see what happened, know the rules and let me board with her.

I would bring the old A16/17 passes and show the gate agent before boarding starts. I don't know if you did this or not - but if not, it would put the person on the spot to make an instant decision when the A-lister goes through with the A's and in one regard I'm appreciative when they do catch so many people trying to game the system but in your case personally I'd be fine with it, the intent is for you to board together.

That's a tight interpretation not to allow it with the A-lister boarding.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.