Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flying in Uniform

Stokes219
Explorer C

Why are service members REQUIRED to be in uniform to Pre board? As a service member I do not feel comfortable flying in uniform. Some of us have restrictions to where we can go in uniform. Has it ever occured to southwest that ANYONE can buy a uniform and pose as a service member? SW should require proof of service with the CAC ID card issued to all government employees. Instead of service members being in uniform, we could show our IDs and board. Its more convenient, and you cant fake a CAC card. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flying in Uniform

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

It does seem to be an outdated policy as-is, there are several other threads here about active duty service members being restricted from wearing thetir uniform while traveling.

I hope some of the feedback from this community will make it back to update the policy.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Also, fyi, be aware that even in uniform, military members so not preboard. They board between the A and B groups. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@chgoflyer wrote:

Also, fyi, be aware that even in uniform, military members so not preboard. They board between the A and B groups. 

I missed that part in the OP, when I've heard the ops agent call for it it will be between A and B groups as @chgoflyer said, it isn't a pre-boarding opportunity.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.