Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Frustrated

CLC
Explorer C

Everything that I have read says preboarding is between A and B list but before family, every flight that I have been on preboarding goes before A list which has paid more to board first. I also see people come to the gate in wheelchairs or even overweight and walk from the hate onto the plane before A list. This is very frustrating when you pay extra for your ticket and have to sit almost halfway back on the plane.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Frustrated

dfwskier
Aviator A

Let's look at the word pre-boarding.

Pre=before boarding=boarding

It has always been before other people board. It has never been between A group and B group.

I know you are unhappy. Lots of people are. How pre=boarding is done is mandated by federal law, and airlines are required to follow the law.

If you don't like the law, contact your elected federal officials and tell them you want the law changed.

Until that happens, nothing is going to change.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

There are 2 boarding groups to accommodate people with disabilities and specific seat needs. Here's the verbiage from southwest.com separated into the two groups:

1. "Preboarding is available for Customers who have a specific seating need to accommodate their disability and/or need assistance in boarding the aircraft or stowing an assistive device."

2. "If a Customer with a disability simply needs a little extra time to board, we will permit the Customer to board before Family Boarding, between the “A” and “B” groups. Those Customers who need extra time to board will receive a new boarding pass with an extra time designation."

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Dang, I was going to post this but couldn't find the citation. We should get a knowledgebase for this one.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.