Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Going Green: No More Paper Ticket Jackets

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Beginning June 1st, Southwest will no longer be issuing paper ticket jackets.  According to USA Today, the airline issues about 22 million jackets per year, so this is a good move for the environment that will help the company become more green and environmentally-friendly.

Mobile boarding passes are awesome and are a great way for passengers to be more environmentally-conscious during their travels as well!  Check out "When Every Second Counts, Customers Can Count on the Southwest Mobile Boarding Pass" to learn more about using mobile boarding passes!

You can also check out Southwest's website for more info.

Happy (greener) travels!

-A List, Companion Pass holder
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Going Green: No More Paper Ticket Jackets

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I hadn't seen the paper jackets used anywhere except curbside for some time now. This is a great change!

bec102896
Aviator A

I think its a great idea to ditch the paper ticket jackets. I personally haven't used one in over a year. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

I think its a great idea to ditch the paper ticket jackets. I personally haven't used one in over a year. 

As @chgoflyer pointed out - I use curbside quite a bit so we collect these - I have actually been using them as a repository for receipts on my business trips, but I can also use the nice felt Southwest bag that I have. Smiley LOL

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

I think it's a good move to ditch the jackets. I guess that bag receipts will have to be stapled to boarding passes in the future.

I can't remember the last time I got a ticket jacket, so it's been over a decade. Of course I almost never check bags.