Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How a Southwest Check-in Employee can Ruin the Start of a Family Christmas Vacation

Dr1JK
Explorer C

We had an awful start of our family vacation thanks to Tiffany Bray at the Southwest check-in counter at Hobby Airport in Houston.

She had an issue with one of our bags being half a pound over the allowed limit! She was rude, disrespectful, and lacked any typical courtesy. With two children, including a special needs child, she had an evil look of satisfaction to see us struggle opening our large suitcase, moving things around, and making sure our son doesn’t wander off. I eventually refused to deal with Bray and asked another associate to help us, and she said that they typically let half a pound or even a pound pass. As an executive who travels frequently, I found Bray’s behavior unacceptable. 

Tiffany Bray should be fired if Southwest is really committed to customer satisfaction. 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: How a Southwest Check-in Employee can Ruin the Start of a Family Christmas Vacation

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Seems like an executive who travels frequently would understand how baggage weight limits work.

Re: How a Southwest Check-in Employee can Ruin the Start of a Family Christmas Vacation

Dr1JK
Explorer C

Precisely...and how 0.5 lbs is a trivial matter. And a smart executive like me also knows how to spot dumb idiots 😉

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Only a "dumb idiot" would think that rules don't apply to them. 😉

A limit is a limit.

Dr1JK
Explorer C

Get a life miserable person. Nobody asked your opinion. You’re probably a loser with zero EQ like Tiffany Bray. 

franktravel
Aviator B

SOUTHWEST COMMUNITY TERMS OF USE

Prohibited Acts. Users of the Southwest Community agree not to engage in any of the following inappropriate conduct. You will not:

Attack another user or entity in such a way as to incite or perpetuate an argument or conflict;

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Dr1JK, by posting in a customer to customer forum you're inviting others to share their opinions. I agree with the other replies that it's nice to see when Southwest enforces their policies and usually reward those employees with a kick tail card instead of demanding they be fired. I also don't appreciate the name calling, no need for that here. 

Dr1JK
Explorer C

I never cared for Southwest. This was a one-off trip. You all can have it and bask in its culture of luxury. I’m not wasting my time answering people who are swayed by the comments of an insecure person rather than seeing that in any service sector company insulting and mistreateing families is simply wrong. The fat ugly Tiffany Bray might be providing just the quality of service that Southwest loyals ask for. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Dr1JK yet you are allowed to insult employees? Please go, we don't want or need your horrible behavior. Merry Christmas 

franktravel
Aviator B

The fact that @Dr1JK said "I never cared for Southwest and this was a one-off trip." Explains a lot of her anger.