Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How do I know when the first departing flight is?

fallingstar76
Explorer C

My flight leaves at 6:40 AM. Info for ABQ airport says the ticket counter opens 60 mins. before the first departing flight. Sooooo how do I know when the first departing flight is, in order to know when the ticket counter opens? I think there is *probably* an earlier flight than mine but who knows, and I don't want to get there super early just to stand in line outside the ticket counter.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How do I know when the first departing flight is?

jksobonya
Aviator A
Solution

You look up the first departing flight of the day on the ABQ web site?

https://www.abqsunport.com/arrival-departures/ 

Looks like the first Southwest flight for tomorrow departs at 5:05AM, so the counter would open at 4:05. I presume most daily flights depart around 5:00AM at the earliest. 

--Jessica

fallingstar76
Explorer C

Wow, looked everywhere and definitely did not see this. Thank you!!

jksobonya
Aviator A

@fallingstar76 wrote:

Wow, looked everywhere and definitely did not see this. Thank you!!

You're welcome!

--Jessica

dfwskier
Aviator A

@fallingstar76 wrote:

My flight leaves at 6:40 AM. Info for ABQ airport says the ticket counter opens 60 mins. before the first departing flight. Sooooo how do I know when the first departing flight is, in order to know when the ticket counter opens? I think there is *probably* an earlier flight than mine but who knows, and I don't want to get there super early just to stand in line outside the ticket counter.

So why not just show up at the ticket counter at 5:40?

fallingstar76
Explorer C

Anxiety is the reason. Also traveling with kids. If I have an A boarding pass the flight will probably start boarding at 6:10ish so getting to the ticket counter at 5:40 doesn't give us much time to stand in line there, then get through security, then get to the gate.