Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How to get a receipt for payment for upgraded boarding?

tfortx59
Explorer C

How do I get a receipt for the $30 I paid to upgrade my boarding group?

This is my first experience flying Southwest in years and I was not expecting such difficulty gathering my receipts for expense purposes.

After some effort, this is the only receipt I'm missing.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How to get a receipt for payment for upgraded boarding?

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Use the upgraded boarding pass, the paper one or screen shot the electronic version from your phone, 

Safe travels

tfortx59
Explorer C

The boarding pass shows the upgraded group but I'm looking for something showing the charge.

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

I'd still go back to the boarding pass if you're filling out an electronic expense report, (Concur, Corpay, etc..) for work.  The Boarding pass would show you "upgraded" and you could type in the fee, code it as your company directs, add a note about the details in the transaction.

If you are documenting it for cash reimbursement from a company that may be a bit sticky, but you still have your CC statement 

Best of luck 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I have always received an email receipt immediately after I completed the purchase of upgraded boarding.  Subject of the email is "Congrats, (first name)! Upgraded Boarding is confirmed for your (date) (airport code) trip (confirmation#)"

--TheMiddleSeat

tfortx59
Explorer C

I purchased internet access on both flights and received those receipts immediately via email but nothing for the upgraded boarding.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@tfortx59 wrote:

I purchased internet access on both flights and received those receipts immediately via email but nothing for the upgraded boarding.

It may go to the address for purchasing the tickets, so if that happened to be a corporate email then they would get the receipt.

This website is advertised to be for drink purchases, but you can try it and see?

https://southwest.ereceipt.tcp.guestlogix.io/

Not sure since that technically isn't an "inflight" purchase but worth a shot.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

indytravelgirl7
Explorer C

You just saved me from having to pay out of pocket!  Thank you!!!