Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How to use Travel Funds

Ltrinh27
Explorer C

I just canceled flight reservation. I don't know how and where to use my Travel Funds while booking another flight. Please show me how

12 REPLIES 12

Re: How to use Travel Funds

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

When you are making your next travel booking there's a section on the checkout screen titled "Do you want to apply travel funds?"  Click "Apply travel funds" and then enter the passenger name and confirmation number from the cancelled flight.  The confirmation number will be in the confirmation email of your original booking and in the email you got when you cancelled the reservation.  The passenger must be the the same as was booked on the cancelled flight.  The new trip must be completed within one year of booking the flight that was cancelled.  If the new flight costs more than the original flight you'll need to pay the remaining balance with credit card or gift card. If new flight is less than the original flight you'll have travel funds remaining that you can use later (within the one year restriction).

iamanusapkota
Explorer C

Hi, there! 

I have the confirmation number of my cancelled flight but I cannot find the option where they ask to apply for the travel funds. I searched everywhere. I entered my payment details and everything still could not find that option. Help will be really appreciated!

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@iamanusapkota wrote:

Hi, there! 

I have the confirmation number of my cancelled flight but I cannot find the option where they ask to apply for the travel funds. I searched everywhere. I entered my payment details and everything still could not find that option. Help will be really appreciated!

Unfortunately, using Travel Funds is a bit harder to find in the new booking website layout. Under Payment Method, there's a line that says Southwest® gift card, Travel Funds, or Southwest LUV Voucher. Click on it to open up the area, then select the Travel Funds button to switch to where you'll input the info from your Travel Funds.

1.png2.png

My Travel Funds are not showing as valid

malusnediker
Explorer C

I travel San Diego-San Jose-San Diego weekly. 

I frequently change my flights and try to use my credited travel funds for future travels. All my travel funds are valid but when I use them to book my new flight it gives me an error message.  See below.  

Does anyone have a idea what is causing the error message?  Thank you.

SW error travel funds.PNG

Re: There is an error message after i paid with valid travel funds although details rae correct.

karenjoygaston
Explorer C

Sorry, we found some errors...

• Confirmation number and/or passenger name incorrect.

Error detail 1: QXLAUHSxSNK5STMqwJ_K2g : ed5d2783-0b2e-4355-bef4-22bffecb278c : 400522146
03/17/2019 - 01:53:00

HOW DO APPLY OUR TRAVEL FUNDS? i TRIED SO MANY TIMES AND RECEIVED THE SAME ERROR ALTHOUGH ALL MY DETAILS ARE CORRECT.

PLS HELP. WERE TRAVELING SOON AND FROM OUTSIDE US.

Re: There is an error message after i paid with valid travel funds although details rae correct.

SWDigits
Aviator A
I recommend calling Southwest. This page has the international contact phone numbers:
https://mobile.southwest.com/html/contact-us/intl-customer-service.html

Customer | Home airport DCA

SvenTaow
Explorer C

@SWDigits wrote:
I recommend calling Southwest. This page has the international contact phone numbers:
https://mobile.southwest.com/html/contact-us/intl-customer-achieve essay-service.html

Hello,

Is there a list of alternative numbers? I can't dial 800-083-1179 - the toll free number for Mexico. I should get information about travel funds for a ticket for my next travel this week.

Sven

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@SvenTaow wrote:

@SWDigits wrote:
https://mobile.southwest.com/html/contact-us/intl-customer-achieve essay-service.html

Hello,

Is there a list of alternative numbers? I can't dial 800-083-1179 - the toll free number for Mexico. I should get information about travel funds for a ticket for my next travel this week.

Sven

Go to the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page, go to the phone number section and click on "more contact numbers" and see if any of those will work for you.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@karenjoygaston

Do the passenger names for the new trip match the passenger names from the trip you obtained the travel funds from? When making the new reservation try with and without a middle name. The names on the new reservation must match the names of the previous confirmation number exactly.

Have you confirmed the value of the travel funds and checked that don't expire before you are planning to travel?

You can check that information here:

https://www.southwest.com/flight/travel-funds-search.html

--TheMiddleSeat