Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

I see the EB icon, but want to confirm it applies to both flights

tikirick
Explorer C

Hi Everyone!

My apologies if this was answered elsewhere, but my searches didn't find anything.

I purchased EB for my outbound and return flights, then a few weeks later changed to an earlier flight on the return. I was expecting to lose the EB for that segment, but saw a message that it would be applied to the new flight.

So my question: the EB icon is present in the reservation summary, but how can I tell if it's for both flights, or only the unchanged segment?

TIA for the insights!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: I see the EB icon, but want to confirm it applies to both flights

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

As long as you changed the flight and did not cancel/rebook EBCI generally remains on the reservation. There are some exceptions listed in the FAQ copied below. If those do not apply to you you're good to go. You can contact Southwest if you really want to confirm. 

If I have EarlyBird Check-In and choose to change my flight, will the EarlyBird Check-In transfer as well?

EarlyBird Check-In can be transferred only if the new flight departs more than 25 hours from the time of the change. If the new flight departs in less than 25 hours, then you will lose your non-refundable EarlyBird Check-In purchase. Additionally, if the change to your reservation involves a new city pair(s), you will need to contact us to have the EarlyBird Check-In transferred.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: I see the EB icon, but want to confirm it applies to both flights

dfwskier
Aviator A

Remember that early bird boarding positions are allocated in the order that EBs are purchased for a flight.

That means that for the changed flight your EB boarding position was set as  of the the time you made the change to the new flight and not when you originally bought EB.