Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

If I cancel a rescheduled flight will my luggage still go to my final destination?

ashcroftgm
Explorer C

So after having flights from BWI to MHT canceled on two consecutive days due to "staffing" issues, and then automatically being scheduled for a flight that would arrive at MHT *after* my return flight to BWI was scheduled to depart, I flew with American from DCA to Logan. Given the utter fiasco that SW's logistics have been, I'm considering canceling my return flight with them from MHT to BWI (and the pointless, days-late, and unasked-for flight from BWI to MHT) and booking a return flight with a different airline. My question is, if I do that, will my luggage still be sent to MHT? I'm still holding out hope that it will get here, but I worry that, if I cancel my current scheduled flights with SW, my bags will just be stuck at BWI and I'll have to make a trip out there later to retrieve them. Alternatively, I worry that, even if I do cancel my SW flights, my luggage will still be sent to MHT *after* I'm scheduled to depart to DCA/BWI, meaning that my bags will be stuck at MHT. Anybody have any insights? How are Southwest baggage claim/customer service lines looking at MHT? Are they still miles long and not moving? I'm considering going down there to see what's happening, but I don't want to embark on a fool's errand. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: If I cancel a rescheduled flight will my luggage still go to my final destination?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You might get answers if you go to the airport, but I suspect no one really knows at this point. 

--TheMiddleSeat