Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

If you are sad you get bumped of a flight

Esafarians
Explorer C

How can you get bumped off a flight just for being upset.  My daughter had a fight with her boyfriend in front of Burbank airport.  She goes through TSA everything is fine.  Then when she gets to the gate the southwest attendent will not let her get on the flight and bumps her.  With five witnesses say she was okay.  They bump her of the flight.  I fly with SW every week and I seen angry people or sad people all the time.  I am so upset because they messed all our plans she was suppose to be here tonight.  She had no ride to go back and had to pay for a hotel in Burbank and we had to pay for extra night of hotel in pleasanton.  Honestly southwest humans have feeling they can be sad, upset or happy you have no right to bump them.  Maybe I should go fly United out of SFO if SW is treating people like any other airline.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: If you are sad you get bumped of a flight

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution
Safe to assume you are directly in touch with Southwest? Click "Contact Us" at the bottom of any of the forum pages.

Most in the forums are customers like us.

Customer | Home airport DCA

dfwskier
Aviator A

I'm sorry to hear of your daughter's plight.

I don't knw how SW would even know about an incident that happened outside the airport.

TSA apparently did not. Was she told she was denied boarding due to disruptive behavior?

Was she rebooked on another flight? Was she given an involuntarily bumped   voucher?

I'm wondering whether she might have been bumped because the flight was oversold instead of the incident that happened outside the airport.

Esafarians
Explorer C

She was bumped because the security guard outside called the sw agent saying she was upset.  They bumped and rebooked her.  But 5 people there were questioning the Sw agent on why they are doing this since she looked okay.  I have never seen SE do this to anyone.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Was she drinking alcohol after going through security?  A Southwest employee may have considered her too inebriated to safely fly.  As others have said, she should contact Southwest for more information.

--TheMiddleSeat