Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

International Check-In

WNFlyer83
Explorer C

I have a flight from Mexico to the U.S. tomorrow and attempted unsuccessfully to check in online 24 hours in advance. The Southwest web site indicates that while you cannot complete the check-in process online because your documents need to be verified at the airport, you can still secure your boarding position in advance. How am I supposed to do this if it will not allow me to start the check-in process at all?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: International Check-In

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

As stated, you should be able to obtain a boarding position as you normally do for any flight, you just won't get a boarding pass. You'll need to be more specific about the error you are getting if the check-in process is not letting you get a boarding position.

--TheMiddleSeat

WNFlyer83
Explorer C

The message on the app says "Airport check in required. Unable to complete the check in process. Please visit a ticket counter to check in. Error: 400308179"

I encountered similar issues when trying to use southwest.com.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Hmm, that sounds like something else, unrelated to the fact that it's an international flight. Sorry, you'll need to call Southwest or just wait until you get to the airport. Unfortunately, it's probably not going to result in you getting a decent boarding position.

--TheMiddleSeat