Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

International Check-in Problem

HoustonRunner
Explorer C

Be aware if you don't get early bird check-in on international flights and your passport gets randomly flagged then SWA will not allow you top obtain a boarding position.

It is a awfully unfair policy, because when flying internationally you have to go to the counter at the airport to complete check-in and get a boarding pass and at that time they can check why your passport was flagged. SWA should allow you to check-in and at least get a boarding position, I ask that everyone contact SWA and ask that they change their policy.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: International Check-in Problem

dfwskier
Aviator A

Since this is a customer to customer forum, complaining here won't do you much good with the airline (although it might make you feel better to vent)

Anyone that want to complain needs to do it the right way. Here's how:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Submitting-a-Suggestion-and-or-Complaint/ta-...

HoustonRunner
Explorer C

It does feel good to vent, however, I want fellow SWA customers to be aware of the issue and until they correct their policy know that EBCI is a way around it.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

When I have flown international on Southwest it was possible to obtain a boarding position 24 hours prior to departure without entering any passport information, it could be added later, anytime before the flight. Even if you enter incorrect information and you are "flagged" you should still have your boarding position. 

Did you check in 24 hours prior and not get a boarding position? This seems very unusual.

You are correct that you will not get your actual boarding pass until you get the check-in counter, but that is different than getting your boarding position. 

--TheMiddleSeat