Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Highlighted

Items stolen from bag

New Arrival

Just flew from Oakland to PVD yesterday got home and found my Travel Kit was taken and a new tube of Kiehl's shave cream.  The Travel kit was about 30 years old and it's worth was priceless, it was set up just the way I like to use it.  The shave cream cost me north of $25 dollars.  I'm not going to file a claim but based on other post's, SW or the TSA has a problem in Oakland.  No indication inside or outside that the TSA inspected the bag.  I never thought such a minor theft would mean so much to me. 

Flight 5438 & 4437

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Items stolen from bag

Top Contributor

Sorry to hear you had items missing from your bag when you arrived in PVD yesterday. 

I would file the claim ASAP as you usually only have 4 hours to report the missing items or damage (for those who's bags are damaged). 

I would file the report with Southwest and TSA as some things are taken by TSA and not Southwest. You could also consider a police report. 

-Blake

Highlighted

Re: Items stolen from bag

Rising Star

@rh1352 most of us here are customers and it is a public forum so you may want to edit your post (click the gear icon) to remove the reference to your claim number.

Customer | Home airport DCA