Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Known Traveler Number to app

amrobertson4
Explorer C

How do you add your Known Traveler Number to my profile on the Southwest App?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Known Traveler Number to app

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Hey!

Not sure if it can be done on the app, but you can save it in your Profile on southwest.com. If someone else knows if you can add it on the app (I couldn't find it), holler here!

Safe travels!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I imagine you could use the Live Chat functionality in the app to speak with an agent and have them add the KTN, but as @ZevSupport said, using the southwest.com website works (and is probably faster than a chat session).

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

I know you can add your KTN number to your reservation on the app but not sure about adding it to your profile where you don't have to add it every flight. If you want to add it to a reservation individually you can click on your reservation and click manage traveler details and you can then enter your KTN number. You could also try using the app chat feature as recommended by TheMiddleSeat 

Here are the steps to do it on the full website: How do I automatically add my KTN to a reservation? 

-Blake

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

What's a KTN number?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

What's a KTN number?

Known Traveler Number. It's what you get when you sign up for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry. 

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

What's a KTN number?

KTN is a known traveler number. This grants people access to the TSA pre lines at airports (no need to remove shoes, laptops from Cary on, or light jackets) 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Good reminder I need to renew.

Also I'll jump in with @bec102896 and second (third?) the suggestion by @TheMiddleSeat to use the live chat function if you are on mobile app, or send a direct message to @SouthwestAir on Twitter if you use that platform. (Don't send any personally identifying information in a public twitter message.)

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.