Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Last 5 Flights, my flight had been delayed

mug57sy
Explorer C

Is this now the norm for Southwest ? To rub it in, flight attendant had the nerve to announce to passengers to move as we were causing the delay. The flight was delayed for 2 hours !!!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Last 5 Flights, my flight had been delayed

dfwskier
Aviator A

@mug57sy wrote:

flight attendant had the nerve to announce to passengers to move 

What does that mean?

jksobonya
Aviator A

Passengers were causing the delay? What? 

Also: the entire airline industry is experiencing delays and cancellations thanks to something called a global pandemic. We are going to have ripple effects from this for years ... 

--Jessica

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Last 5 flights, all within the last 30 days were all on time. One even left gate 5 minutes early. 

The point is, your small sample size does not automatically dictate what normal is. 

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Last 5 flights, all within the last 30 days were all on time. One even left gate 5 minutes early. 

The point is, your small sample size does not automatically dictate what normal is. 

--TheMiddleSeat

I'd still say that generally flights are still experiencing delays and cancellations - I wouldn't consider the airline industry out of the woods and "normal" yet, not by a long shot.

--Jessica

FlyWithLUV
Frequent Flyer C

The flight attendant might have been frustrated with an excessively long boarding time, but that's no excuse for a two-hour delay. Taking it from their perspective is also important. Sure, flight attendants work for the airline, but delays hit them as well and delay their schedules. It may not have been professional for them to blame the passengers, but delay situations are difficult for everyone, and it places stress on everyone (including the people who work at the airport). Flight attendants do not get paid during delays, and if a plane is sitting on the ground with the door open, they are not 'on the clock.'

Hopefully, this gives more insight into their perspective.