Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Layover

mallobkp
Explorer C

My family and I have a layover in Las Vegas for 45 minutes. Will this be enough time to get to the gate to be able to board with our proper numbers? This is a rather long flight and we want to sit next to each other (one family member is extremely nervous about flying, so sitting along would be a rather large issue). 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Layover

bec102896
Aviator A

@mallobkp

45min in LAS should be enough time if your first flight is on time. If your first flight is delayed say 25min or more talk to the gate agent at your departure airport or call reservations at 800-435-9792 and they could look at other options as that would only allow 20min or less to connect and the odds may be small that you could sit together since they could start boarding the connection flight 30min early. you could still make the connection but you would probably be in a middle seat and not together. 

i would also recommend looking on the Southwest app or website before you depart for your first flight to check where they think you will arrive at and where your next plane will depart and of course check when you land as those gates change all the time so you can be prepared. Southwest uses the B and C gates at LAS so it may be possible that you have to change terminals not a big deal just a walk. 

Also I would try to sit as close to the front as possible on first flight to help ease your mind of the 45min connection. 

hope this helps

Blake 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

@mallobkp

45min in LAS should be enough time if your first flight is on time. If your first flight is delayed say 25min or more talk to the gate agent at your departure airport or call reservations at 800-435-9792 and they could look at other options as that would only allow 20min or less to connect and the odds may be small that you could sit together since they could start boarding the connection flight 30min early. you could still make the connection but you would probably be in a middle seat and not together. 

i would also recommend looking on the Southwest app or website before you depart for your first flight to check where they think you will arrive at and where your next plane will depart and of course check when you land as those gates change all the time so you can be prepared. Southwest uses the B and C gates at LAS so it may be possible that you have to change terminals not a big deal just a walk. 

Also I would try to sit as close to the front as possible on first flight to help ease your mind of the 45min connection. 

hope this helps

Blake 

15 minutes is enough to get from end-to-end, but you may be hustling a little bit - try to find out using the free access to the flight tracker on the flight which gate your departing flight will be so that you know where to go.

If your arriving and departing flights are both in the C gates you are in good shape, and if both are in B gates you are in very good shape (all the B gates are very close together). If you arrive in the other concourse than the depature it will be a little longer walk.

My recommendation would be to bring an extra drink coupon - a little bribery will help get someone to move if it comes to that. The flight attendant may also help find someone to move for you if you ask them.

What time of day is the flight?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

sfarlow
Explorer B

Remember flights start boarding 30 minutes before take off so if you are in the A boarding you better hustle 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@mallobkp wrote:

My family and I have a layover in Las Vegas for 45 minutes. Will this be enough time to get to the gate to be able to board with our proper numbers? This is a rather long flight and we want to sit next to each other (one family member is extremely nervous about flying, so sitting along would be a rather large issue). 

Thanks!

Did you fly yet? If so, I hope it went well!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.