Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lesson Learned

Carolinky
Explorer C

After flying dozens of flights on SWA over the past decades, somehow I completely forgot to check in online before my recent flight to Houston Hobby.  This is very out of charactor for me!  I blame it on flying Delta earlier on my sister's travel points.  I must have gotten out of the habit....  I was then in for a big surprise to learn at the gate that I was not guarenteed a seat.  They asked for volunteers to wait till the next flight (and earn some flight $$) and luckily, at the very last minute I learned that I was able to board as planned.  I was the very last one on the plane - another new experience for me.  Alls well that ends well but it was a close call.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Lesson Learned

DAL
Adventurer A
Solution

@Carolinky,

Glad to hear you were able to make your flight! Not sure how techy you are, but if you're into automating reminders, I just found a great recipe here on IFTTT (If This Then That) that will automatically send you a reminder 24 hours before your flight to remind you to check-in. I'd set it for a few extra minutes just so you can get the wesbite/app loaded.

Hope this is helpful!

Re: Lesson Learned

Carolinky
Explorer C

That's fantastic!  I'm all signed up now to IFTTT!  Many thanks.