Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost Drivers license

diana0381
Explorer C

Hi - i will be flying tomorrow and lost my driver’s license yesterday- what other document can i take to be cleared to travel? 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Lost Drivers license

jksobonya
Aviator A
Solution

@diana0381 wrote:

Hi - i will be flying tomorrow and lost my driver’s license yesterday- what other document can i take to be cleared to travel? 

Here is a list of valid IDs you can use for flight travel, a passport being the most common alternative. Also from the page: 

In the event you arrive at the airport without valid identification, because it is lost or at home, you may still be allowed to fly. The TSA officer may ask you to complete an identity verification process which includes collecting information such as your name, current address, and other personal information to confirm your identity. If your identity is confirmed, you will be allowed to enter the screening checkpoint. You will be subject to additional screening, to include a patdown and screening of carry-on property.

--Jessica

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jksobonya wrote:

@diana0381 wrote:

Here is a list of valid IDs you can use for flight travel, a passport being the most common alternative. Also from the page: 

In the event you arrive at the airport without valid identification, because it is lost or at home, you may still be allowed to fly. The TSA officer may ask you to complete an identity verification process which includes collecting information such as your name, current address, and other personal information to confirm your identity. If your identity is confirmed, you will be allowed to enter the screening checkpoint. You will be subject to additional screening, to include a patdown and screening of carry-on property.

If you normally allow 2 hours prior to your flight, maybe allow 2.5 or 3 and you should be fine with @jksobonya 's advice here.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

getting through TSA will be easy compared to renting a car so hopefully you have a plan B for that should your travel include a rental car. 

traveling without ID just arrive early to the airport for the extra screening. 

tappingmom1
Frequent Flyer B

Also, I recently overheard TSA asking another passenger who forgot their ID if they had a Costco card or credit card with their photo on it.  YMMV...

Good luck!

dfwskier
Aviator A

I have a pic of my DL on my phone. I don't know if that would help with TSA, but it certainly would help getting a replacement DL easier...

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

I have a pic of my DL on my phone. I don't know if that would help with TSA, but it certainly would help getting a replacement DL easier...

DL and passport!

And I have my Global Entry card that I can use for ID as well, as long as I don't lose the whole kit and kaboodle together.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

JuniorMint65
Explorer B

No, it wouldn't help with TSA. I recently lost my license on VC. They wouldn't take the pic on my phone. It didn't take very long to go through security. I have PreCheck, so maybe that's why. They just did extra screening on my carry-on items. I didn't even have to present any photo id, I had my credit cards, healthcare card and AAA card. This was in Baltimore.