Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost Vouchers

rickcremer
Explorer C

Took a trip on 6/30/2021 from SRQ to PIT on flight 3740. We had 2 tickets. The flight was delayed 4 (four) hours. The gate agent issued 2 paper vouchers for $100 each to compensate for the delayed flight (due to crew flight time limitations, aircraft availability.) 

In the confusion and chaos at the gate (a full flight) we managed to misplace and/or lose the vouchers.  In any case we ended the trip sans the vouchers which we wanted to use later this month. 

Will SWA consider replacing them for us? If so how do we start that process or who can we contact.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Lost Vouchers

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Highly doubtful.  From southwest.com, "Southwest LUV Vouchers will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or destroyed."

You can certainly ask, just don't hold your breath.

Contact Southwest Customer Service 

--TheMiddleSeat

rickcremer
Explorer C

Thanks, Just talked to customer service and got a different answer. Because the vouchers were issued in paper format and not electronically it was indicated to us that they were replaceable. We'll see. If not so be it. A trip we want to take later this year is a route also served by Delta. We'll use our Sky Miles and leave SWA out of the loop.

bec102896
Aviator A

I've heard of some getting the voucher reissued after calling it can take up to 14 days to get the voucher though if they are able to resend or recreate it. 

Heck on that long of a delay you might be able to ask for more than $100. I've seen some get $200 for that long of a delay  (depending on what caused the delay) you would need to reach out to southwest though to request the voucher be resent or resent for a higher value but I guess $100 is better then nothing. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hmmm, I've never gotten a voucher and I've had some bad flight experiences. Then again. I've never asked for one -- my bad.

A few years back something happened at Midway (I think - hard to remember), and everyone (including me) got a "coupon" good for 50% off a future trip for up to 8 people. THAT was pretty good..