Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost luggage

Mrkennedy80
Explorer C

Hello everyone,I had my luggage lost with a gun and bullets inside my luggage with other things.I wanna know who to talk with or speak to.I don’t want no one to get hurt,harm or anything domestic.it’s an horrible feeling going thru this.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Lost luggage

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Did you file a lost baggage claim with Southwest? 

That's the process for dealing with a lost bag, with or without a firearm. 

https://www.southwest.com/faq/lost-damaged-baggage

--TheMiddleSeat

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

I hope you spoke to onsite SWA staff at your destination and at a minimum have your baggage claim tickets# and the names of the SWA personnel you spoke with. I would also recommend sending this information along with details on your firearm and ammunition in email directly to Southwest and cc the TSA.

Firearms stolen or floating around in limbo is Serious business and from a liability perspective you want all bases covered. 

Hope you recover your property soon! 

SWtlintAir
Explorer C

Hello,

I just went through a search for an item left on the seats at the gate.

I boarded, in the air and realized I did not have my valuable art.

I found that SW agents would not call the gate.

Told me to file a claim.

Although, technically the boarding area is not SWA property. If you left it on the plane, then that would be SWA property. 

I needed to call the TSA if lost before security, and the Police if lost after security.

I also called custodial services, and all the shops in the area.

So, depending on where you lost it, you have to have faith someone turned it in somewhere.

1) file a claim

2) call SWA night and day (I found different people, on different shifts, would either help or not at all)

3) call TSA if lost before security point, and the Police if lost after security checkpoint

4) Call custodial services

5) Call any / all retailers in the area (people may not know where to turn it in)

6) Have faith, call night and day (I found different people, on the different shifts, would either help or not at all)

I got to know a custodial supervisor, and she found it sitting on the SWA desk at the gate!!!!

it was there for 4 days, with my name and phone number on it!!!!

Be persistent, Ask for recommendations, Be polite (obviously) because some of the folks that you talk to about your item will not be nice.

Good luck!