Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Luggage tracking

floridaguy
Aviator C

I believe that your dismissive response only reflects poorly on Southwest.  What it says is that neither you, nor Southwest, care about upgrading the systems that created the DISASTER over the Holiday period.

For those still looking for luggage and had a ruined Holiday, keep in mind that the time is gone forever.  

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguyHow does some random persons opinion on the Community reflect poorly on Southwest?  This is yet another completely laughable statement by you.  His dismissive nature towards you is a perfect and well deserved reaction.

BTW, the OP stated they received their bags.  Keep that in mind.

--TheMiddleSeat 

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

mco has new software

bec102896
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

Why should I buy a tracking device?  Let Southwest upgrade its 1980s system and adopt barcoding and realtime tracking of items.

The legal fallout from the recent disaster will be around for a long, long time.

I bought a tracking device so in case the bag was taken by someone on accident I could get my bag back this issue has happened to me before and was a fight to get my stuff back 

floridaguy
Aviator C

...and if Southwest provided realtime tracking of luggage, you wouldn't have to buy it...

Technology invented in the 50s, widely adopted in the 80s, Southwest's system...zzzzzzzz

Simplycourtney8
Explorer C
Solution

13 days later and my luggage was returned to me.