Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Merge two different confirmations to one trip

Carriemoore12
Explorer C

Hello,

im flying from San Jose to Kona as a round trip. On the trip back from Kona to San Jose can I merge my flight from San Jose to Phoenix  as one so I don't have to get baggage and recheck baggage? I don't have much time between to flight so was wondering if it could become 1 trip.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Merge two different confirmations to one trip

dfwskier
Aviator A

you should probably contact customer relations    via Twitter (@Southwestair), or call   1-855-234-4654.  

- open M-F during normal business hours

if via twitter do not include things like confirmation numbers until after you are in DM mode.

bec102896
Aviator A

While I don't think you can combine 2 reservations to make a one way you can ask when you check your bag if they can check it all the way to your final destination. Be sure you have both confirmation numbers when you go to check in. You will need to visit the full service counter though to have a chance for this to work.

Last year I had 2 one ways booked and they were able to hit the magic key to check it all the way so I know it can be done I think it will depend on the agent you get at check in. It will depend on how long you have between flights if its over 4 hours you will most likely have to get your bag and recheck it.

SWDigits
Aviator A

@Carriemoore12 how much time do you have between the two flights?

Customer | Home airport DCA

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Absolutely no reason to merge or otherwise mess with the reservation to check bags through to final destination. Just ask at the full service check-in counter.

--TheMiddleSeat