Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Minor separated from Mommy

Vanho
Explorer C

To whom it may concerns:

My wife and my daughter (9 year old) are on the flight number 23 from DAL to HOU, boarding time 10AM and departure time 10:30AM. My wife has boarding line position A39 and my daughter has boarding line position B1.  She is a minor and need to be with mommy. One of the Southwest airline member, who scan the boarding pass, has pushed my daughter, a minor, back to the B boarding line because she has B1 position. The Southwest airline member has separated Mom and Daughter who is only 9 year old. Is it the way Southwest airline is doing business?  I just wonder how this happens.  Could this be prejudice? I would think so too.  I would like to hear from your side of story, Southwest airline.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Minor separated from Mommy

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Mom should have boarded with daughter at the B1 boarding position.  You can move back in boarding, but no one can move up to a better boarding position.  Kudos to the staff for enforcing this.

Since this is a customer to customer forum you won't get a response from Southwest here and in my opinion you have no actual complaint since staff was just enforcing policy.  To claim prejudice is downright silly.  If you really want to contact Southwest use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and send a message.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Minor separated from Mommy

jksobonya
Aviator A

Why didn't the mother board with the daughter when it was the daughter's time to board? That would have made the most sense.  

--Jessica