Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Misprint on my DL - will it prevent my boarding?

ahall18
Explorer C

I'm a female, but my licence was misprinted and says I'm a male. Will this prevent me from boarding when I have to present my ID to get my boarding pass?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Misprint on my DL - will it prevent my boarding?

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@ahall18 my suggestion is to visit the TSA site. When one has lost their issued identification, TSA claims there are other ways to look up your identity. Possibly this might help you as well? Good luck! 

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Passenger1C wrote:

@ahall18 my suggestion is to visit the TSA site. When one has lost their issued identification, TSA claims there are other ways to look up your identity. Possibly this might help you as well? Good luck! 

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification

Also allow some extra time for this interview - they may take your DL and laugh it off - if not you'll need to go through a discussion as posted by @Passenger1C and consider bringing any other supporting documents that could be helpful...copy of a birth certificate, maybe your old punched license with the correct gender, utility bill, etc.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I highly doubt TSA would even notice, they're looking for a name that matches the ticket, not gender.

@DancingDavidE, want to bet a big bowl of clam chowder?

Yes, allow a little extra time just in case and please let us know how it goes.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

I highly doubt TSA would even notice, they're looking for a name that matches the ticket, not gender.

@DancingDavidE, want to bet a big bowl of clam chowder?

Yes, allow a little extra time just in case and please let us know how it goes.

--TheMiddleSeat

That's a great point - I'd just try it at first and see if they care. But maybe bring some of the backup materials just in case, and allow some extra time if there is a discussion.

As for the clam chowder, I enjoy the aroma and taste, but the creamy sauce is a no-no unless you were thinking Manhattan style.

If we meet at BWI, then I think a crab cake at O'Brycki's is the wager.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.