Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Mobile Boarding Pass not always available?

Croc
Explorer C

If you have more than one person on your itinerary there will not be a choice to email or text to yourself.  

SWA had too many people using the wrong pass and it caused havoc on the lines.

markwfidler
Explorer C

So the excuse that Mobile boarding passes cause too much confusion in the line for multiple passengers just does not make sense. If you have separate reservations and have all the boarding passes sent to a single phone, you have the same issue. Or if you print multiple passes and store the wrong ones in your carry on bags, you may not have non mobile forms of boarding ready as well. 

The bottom line, this used to work for multiple passengers on the same reservation, and now it has glitches for single passengers on a reservation, multiple people on a reservation, etc. It does not matter how you check in, mobile app, PC, etc.  Simply put, it is broken more times than not for me.

ishoottrap
Explorer C

Lack of mobile boarding pass support for multiple person reservations is ludicrous. Please add it imediately. 

cowboy11044
Explorer C

Nope as to the "solution."  I was never given the option to have my boarding pass forwarded to my mobile device.  My wife and I are on the same reservation, so it tells me I have to get a paper boarding pass at the check-in kiosk.  I've tried everything to find where I can have an eboarding pass forwarded to my phone, but no luck.  I checked in using the SWA mobile app on my Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android) phone, then also tried it on my desktop computer (Windows 10).  Again, nothing worked and I'm reduced to getting a paper boarding pass at the kiosk tomorrow.  🙂