Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Mobile Boarding Pass not always available?

I2know
Explorer C

I have been unable to see our mobile pass on flights from lga to atl and back

gary_wagner
Explorer C

I am currently experiencing this too. My wife and I have flown at least a dozen times with Southwest in the past year and I have always been able to email or text the boarding pass until today. I am only given the option to print. I tried from my laptop, my phone browser, and my phone app. I am a computer analyst so I know I am not missing something. 

SWA-lover
Explorer A

After reading this entire post, I would like to emphasize the widespread inconvenience of not being able to travel with mobile boarding passes unless you are a single traveller. It appears that Southwest is not giving this issue priority. Every proposed option is an inconvenient work-around and falls short of any standard set by all competing airlines.

Booking separately will allow individual mobile passes, but results in separated boarding positions for travellers wishing to stay together. Carrying printed passes from home or visiting the airport check-in counter cancells the convenience and defeats the basic purpose and advantage of the industry standard mobile boarding pass.

I love Southwest as I'm sure most of you do. If you forget why, try booking your next flight on United or Delta and you will quickly remember. 

So, Southwest, we love you, but the time has come for you to respond to our simple request; please fix this issue.

DrRon
Explorer A

SWA-lover speaks for me and probably many others here.

Lindsey, please respond with any new information you can provide us.  All I need to know is that SWA considers this issue a priority and is working hard to resolve it.

If that's not the case, I'd like to understand what the problem is with SWA that makes it different from the other carriers.

Also, I feel strongly that marking this discussion as solved completely ignores the real issue being raised by your customers.  I would recommend you mark it unresolved and reply to our comments.

runion_nayrb
Explorer C

I am having the same issue now. I went to check in for my flight and no mobile pass option available on my iPhone or on my laptop. I ended up having to print them out.

theresa721
Explorer C

I completed early boarding but clicked out before printing boarding pass.  I am not comfortable using the Android for mobile boarding. How can I get boarding pass printed

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @theresa721

You can easily print your boarding pass at the airport using one of our self-serve kiosks. Alternatively, you can line up at the ticket counter and ask for one there. 

Mellimania
Explorer C

I just created a username to say - What a bummer.

I can't believe that because we travel as husband and wife that mobile boarding passes can't be utilized. 

If other companies do it successfully, then the process needs to be reworked. Be innovative !

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hello Everyone, 

I've got an update on this topic. The following is a list of reasons that you would not be given the mobile boarding pass option:

• Reservation with full or partial international segments
  • Reservation with multiple passengers
  • Reservation booked with senior fare for a Non age verified senior
  • Reservation for a Law Enforcement Officer
  • Reservation with a Military fare
  • Reservation for Unaccompanied Minor
  • Space Available Non Revenue Reservation – electronic or paper
  • Non Revenue Reservation with a Paper pass (any type)
  • Return segment of a reservation with both departure and return within 24 hours and has connecting flights
    • The rule of only 2 boarding passes per passenger per PNR applies here.

ccoovington
Explorer C

I do not fall into any of the categories you listed and am still unable to access a mobile boarding pass.