Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Mobile Boarding Pass not always available?

Pdxtammy
Explorer C

I used mobile boarding pass for a long time with 2 people on the reservation. Recently it quit working. Do I need to always make 2 separate reservations when traveling with my spouse? That just doesn't work for me!!

deriksavage
Explorer C

Can Southwest please make this a priority to fix?  I hardly ever travel alone, and the extra hassle of waiting in line at a kiosk to print a paper boarding pass when I'm already dreading the line through security is enough to make me think twice about flying with Southwest.  

I had a flight a few months ago with Delta, and they had no problems sending mobile boarding passes to multiple passengers. 

2sonTraveler
Explorer C

Hi,

I would also ask that your IT department start working on adding the capability of getting mobile boarding passes on a reservation with multiple passengers. Other airlines do this– in fact with American Airlines, their app allows one passenger on the reservation to check all others in, but then spefically recognizes who is signed into the app and makes only that passenger's mobile boarding pass available through the app or to save in Apple wallet. Other passengers on the same reservation can then pull up their own mobile boarding passes (they have already been checked in by the first passenger) from their apps and either view them there or save them to their Apple wallet. Technically, it can be done. In today's digital world, I am hoping that Southwest will seriously consider adding this option to their check-in procedures. From reading the thread, it is obvious that I am not the only one wishing for this. It makes navigating the airport & security lanes that much easier.

Thanks!

Katrina

Explorer C

So it seems that a family traveling together, and therefore booking together, can  never use e-boarding passes? Seems like a fix is needed there.

gonz2472
Explorer C

So the issue here is that while you guys have explained the exceptions for the e boarding passes, you havn't explained why they need to be exceptions.

I understand multiple people in a check-in can't have e boarding passes. Now anwser me: Why? Other Airlines are perfectly capable of this, and yet your's isn't.

Do you know how I equate that in my head? It's "Go to the other airlines"

Butoneo
Explorer C

I was sincerely hoping this was a joke or a temporary glitch. Wow, in the year 2016 we can't get two boarding passes via text or on mobile?  I love saving money but how about hiring at least one IT person. Good grief.

As someone else commented, this is enough of a reason to consider other airlines when booking for multiple passengers. Otherwise we will have to look to book separately - which is inconvenient but FAR LESS inconvenient than having to go to a kiosk or find some desktop from which to print the boarding passes. Please fix this. Why the moderator needs screen shots and such to correct this issue is even more strange. Screen shot of what? A grayed out area stating that "you need to go to a kiosk to print out your boarding pass". 

LStetzen
Explorer C

Thank you!  This post answered my question as to why I couldn't get a mobile boarding pass.  

nerat_jj
Explorer C

I guess the option to be able to receive mobile boarding passes is to purchase flights separately when traveling as a family???

rbarr
Explorer C

It has now been many weeks since the cause became clear for many peoples' frustrations with not being able to get a mobile boarding pass when there are multiple passengers on a reservation. How much longer will it take Southwest's IT people to solve this problem that many other airlines solved long ago? 

wsmithflorida
Explorer C

I had the same problem last two times I flew. No option for mobile boarding pass.