Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Mobile Boarding Passes STILL not available for multiple passengers

Youngmi
Explorer C

I tried to add a comment on the Mobile Boarding pass discussion but it was seemingly closed with a "solution"  - which is totally wrong.  I booked tickets for my Daughter in Law and Grandson to visit us, and waited late in the evening to be able to obtain their boarding pass and boarding position - 24hrs before the flight.  I managed to get them on A50 and A51 - which was fine, but then encounterd the issues that many Southwest passengers complained about almost a year ago....NO option for mobile boarding pass, so I have NO WAY to send the passes to my Daughter in law.  Instead the "solution" provided by Southwest?  Go to a booth at the airport and print the pass or line up at the check in desks and get a pass!!   The whole purpose of mobile passes is that you DONT have to do that at the airport and can go straight to security.  WHY is Southwest so backward in thsi simple process that EVERY other airlie offers as standard??  When I book Delta / United / Jet Blue - this is NEVER a problem?  Why has Southwast not provided a real solution and allowed mobile boarding passes for multiple passengers on a single booking?  Totally frustrating, and now my 3 year old grandson and his mom have to go earlier to the airport just so they can print their passes!  We are in teh 21st century, aren't we? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Mobile Boarding Passes STILL not available for multiple passengers

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Southwest has never been at the forefront of technology. 😉

If your Daughter in Law has a printer at home, they can print out their boarding passes before they head to the airport.

Re: Mobile Boarding Passes STILL not available for multiple passengers

JulieC
Explorer C

Agree that this is a ridiculous caveat to being able to get mobile boarding passes.  No issues for multiple mobile passes on any other airline we fly.  Not only is a paper pass an inconvenience, it can be easily lost, damaged, stolen, whatever.  C'mon Southwest, you can do better!!  You NEED to do better!!  Smiley Sad