Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Mobile app does not connect With cellular connection.

Essimpson
Explorer C

I cannot open the SW mobile app unless I’m connected to wi-fi. I’m using an iPhone X. If I’m using cellular, the app states I lost connection and try again. The fact of the matter is I never lost connection; the app refuses to open. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app numerous times. The only time the app opens properly is when my device is connected via wi-fi. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Mobile app does not connect With cellular connection.

SWDigits
Aviator A

Hmmm, have you sent a note to the Southwest team?  Most of us here are other customers like you and I don't recall seeing others reporting this specific issue on the discussion forums.  Though if others do have the same issue hopefully they'll reply to this thread!

Assuming you're on wifi (given what you described) you could use the chat function to notify Southwest.  Or you can click the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the discussion forum pages.

Customer | Home airport DCA

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I have experienced this issue but only when I had really poor service.  I have a feeling that when there isn't enough of a connection to do anything, the app throws that message.

With that said, is your iPhone running the latest version of iOS?

-A List, Companion Pass holder

MarkHursh
Employee
Employee

Hi There!

Just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that we are aware of the "Sorry can't connect" bug.  The team found the root cause and we are actively testing the fix.  We plan to have this fixed in our September release.  

Sorry for the trouble but thank you so much for your feedback.  And thank you so much for flying Southwest!

-Mark Hursh

Director of Digital Customer Platforms - Marketing