Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Mobile app notifications not working

bl4k3
Explorer C

Ever since I became A-List my app no longer alerts me when it's time to check in. I sill get the boarding alerts when I'm standing at the gate. Not having check in alerts is a big deal for me when traveling to different time zones. Can anyone provide me a solution? All nofifications are enabled both in the app and under the settings in my phone. I am using the latest version of the app for iPhone so I know it's not a matter of having the latest update

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Mobile app notifications not working

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

A-Listers are automatically checked in 36 hours prior to departure.

bl4k3
Explorer C

Oh really?!? I had no idea!! So my boarding position will be the same regardless of when I check in?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@bl4k3,

Yes, really! Welcome to the A-List. You no longer have to worry about checking in 24 hours prior to departure - we've got it covered for you. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the perks of the program!

tonyguinn
Explorer C

Not an A lister, but I've used your app (iPhone) for a several years.  This morning on check-in my preference for email or text notification is no longer present, nor is availability for mobile boarding pass?  Your phone agent had no explanation other than to say it should be on the app.  Figured maybe an update would clear it up, but to no avail.  The only reason I have the app is for the convenience of not having to print/carry boarding passes.  Is it a bug in your system, unique to IOS, someone working on it, or what?  Or.......is this the new and improved version of your mobile app?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Was it just you on the itinerary? If so, it's likely just another glitch.

If there was more than one person on the itinerary, it could be because Southwest doesn't offer mobile boarding passes on multiple-passenger itineraries. No idea why that should affect your notification preferences however.