Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Mobile boarding passes for multiple passengers

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Looks like the ability for passengers on multi passenger reservations to get mobile boarding is is finally available, at least on the Android app. I book all my trips individually so I can't test it out. I'd love to hear from others about how it works for them.

20180615_091115.jpg

@chgoflyer, +1 point for Southwest IT?

--TheMiddleSeat

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Mobile boarding passes for multiple passengers

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Woo hoo! It took a while, but massive thumbs up!

Anyone on iPhone seeing this yet?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I was about to post that the website FAQ hadn't been updated yet, then I saw that they added a new section specifically about this. (Now they just need to correct the earlier info.) 😉

1.png

bec102896
Aviator A

Woo hoo!! Glad they finally added this now lines at check in may go down if people aren't checking bags since they can do mobile boarding 

dugsage
Explorer C

Still just a little unclear on this, but it appears it's going in the right direction.  

1) Can I get ALL boarding passes for the three travelers under my ticket confirmation on my own Southwest App?  Or, do each of the travelers need to have their own ticket on their own app?  Can I do this either way (meaning does it have to be all on one app/user, or could it be each separate?

2) Does it matter if one traveler got Early-Bird check-in?  Assume so, as if the Early-Bird traveler gets on first, the other two would need their ticket on their own app...

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@dugsage, great questions!

@chgoflyer does a great job of breaking things like this down. Let's see if he'll pop into the conversation for an answer. 

Also @DancingDavidE @TheMiddleSeat @bec102896

jpzavalla
Explorer C

I'd love to find the button that I'm missing to retrieve a boarding pass. Says "logged in passengers can see their own boarding passse" but alas this does not seem to be the case. I'm logged in and no boarding pass.

Update: Had to add RR# to reservation. We all have mobile passes and ready to vaca! 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dugsage wrote:

Still just a little unclear on this, but it appears it's going in the right direction.  

1) Can I get ALL boarding passes for the three travelers under my ticket confirmation on my own Southwest App?  Or, do each of the travelers need to have their own ticket on their own app?  Can I do this either way (meaning does it have to be all on one app/user, or could it be each separate?

2) Does it matter if one traveler got Early-Bird check-in?  Assume so, as if the Early-Bird traveler gets on first, the other two would need their ticket on their own app...

I haven't booked this way myself so I haven't experienced it personally, but the wording above in the press release was "passengers that are logged in" which implies each passenger having their own. This will be easy enough to verify when you check-in at T-24 to get your boarding pass, then you'll know whether to allow time at a kiosk or not the next day.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I haven't flown on a multi-passenger itinerary since the update, so I've been unable to verify exactly how it works. But I suspect that each passenger needs to have a Rapid Rewards account and be logged in to the Southwest app on their phone in order to receive their own individual mobile boarding pass (just like if they were on an individual itinerary). EarlyBird Check-In should have no impact on anything.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Like everyone else, I haven't flown on a multi-passenger reservation since the update (thank you Companion Pass), but I have one coming up next week so I can try to gather some information then. I suspect each individual will get their own boarding pass on their own device as there's no guarantee everyone would be boarding together as boarding positions often skip numbers, especially if A-List status or EarlyBird is involved. Can one person view everyone else's boarding pass? I guess that's to be determined. I will report back as I gather more information.

--TheMiddleSeat