Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Mobile pass not available... would a PDF of boarding pass scan?

Haclayton
Explorer C

Hi it is very helpful this thread exists. It frustrates me that the QR feature on the app doesn't exist if I book multiple people on one reservation. I've taken clear screenshots on my phone of the paper bar code and some staff even refuse to take those! I get it if the picture isn't clear and it slows up the line. I travel often with family- at least once a month- and find it frustrating i have to print out a ticket if I book 2 or more people with 1 reservation. I remember a time a few years ago this wasn't a problem. What changed? Is there a specific policy you can refer me to that caused the change? I feel frustrated and don't like taking that frustration out on staff cuz they have no control over what corporate decides. I feel this situation completely defeats having the app. I appreciate any feedback. If it means I need to make separate reservations for my group so be it. But knowing why the policy changed would mean a lot. Thanks!

SkyFlyer
Explorer C

My wife and I have traveled separately and together, and the mobile pass option is not available any longer.  Never had a problem, now we receive a message that we must print boarding pass.  What happened?  Please fix!  Also, I don’t see a date on posts to this website.  It would be helpful to know how recent and fresh the conversation is.

Kasmith1017
Explorer C

Hi Lindsey, 

My husband and I are traveling to Georgia for Thanksgiving this week. This thread is almost a year old. Has any progress been made that will allow us both to use mobile boarding pass from the same reservation? 

Thanks,

Kelly

chgoflyer
Aviator A

No. As of this writing (11/14/17) mobile boarding passes are still not available for those on multi-passenger itineraries.

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 10.01.55 PM.png

stevey
Explorer C

As of today, 6/8/2018, mobile boarding pass is still not available for travelers in the same intinerary.  The check-in process in the mobile app and the website didn't offer options to get a boarding pass via email, text, or any option.  It only says to go to kiosk or southwest.com.  The website only offered to print the boarding pass.  This seems kind of lacking in capabilities.

doahuang
Explorer C

Ridiculous as it gets, I'm so curious how long will it take for Southwest to fix this...2018 is coming. (12/2/17)

Sallygolightly
Explorer C

Hi there it’s been 2 years since this post and it seems same issue still occurs. This is my third southwest flight as a family this year.. and I thought it was an odd glitch to keep happening. It’s a real nuisance to stop by the kiosk and then keep track of paper boarding passes not to mention wasteful.

wheres the love southwest?!?

dmhamel
Explorer C

I just tried to check-in my neighbors flight (24 hours in advance), using the mobile app and each and every time I select "check-in" I receive a message that states the SWA site has stopped.  No error message received.  I have a Samsung S6.  I finally logged into my computer and brought up the SWA website.  Unfortunately, there is no option for text boarding pass.  At one time, I was able to load my boarding pass onto my smartphone (android), but apparently this has not been operational for qute sometime.  I can not believe that SWA has not resolved this issue as of yet.  Very disappointing and, quite frankly, unbelievable.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The "solution" for this is wrong.

You cannot pass through security using a pdf of a boarding pass saved on a mobile device.

cookjpc
Explorer C

Adding to the thread that disabling mobile boarding passes for multiple person reservations is inconvenient.  I've read in other posts that it causes confusion in the lines...really?  

This seems like a programming issue.  

If each person in reservation has a unique Rapid Rewards number associated with their name / reservation, why can't that boarding pass be loaded only for that RR # in the mobile app?

Only one RR# can be logged into the mobile app at a time...so wouldn't this guard against passengers displaying the wrong boarding pass in the lines?

Maybe some additional considerations need to be made for the person (master or primary reservation) that purchased the tickets by giving them more options i.e. traveling with infants, kids, etc. -- they should be able to display multiple boarding passes but any other person (secondary reservation, non-master) on the reservation should only be able to access their boarding pass associated with their RR # in their mobile app.

Wouldn't this also encourage people to sign up for a rapid rewards account?

For now, whenever I book southwest reservations when traveling with multiple people on the same flights, I book each ticket separately. It's a pain to do that and it's a pain when I forget and book everyone together.