Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Multi-City Boarding Pass Question

trekkingwith4
Explorer C

We have an upcoming multi-city flight BOS-MDW-OAK-OGG.  The confirmation number references all  legs of the trip.  When we checked-in online only the first two, BOS-MDW and MDW-OAK were given boarding assignments.  The last leg is later in the day and I am wondering if it will just magically be assigned to us at a later time?  Or do we need to check-in again with the same confirmation number later in the day?  First time doing a multi-city ticket so any help understanding how check-in works for that is appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Multi-City Boarding Pass Question

dfwskier
Aviator A

@trekkingwith4 wrote:

We have an upcoming multi-city flight BOS-MDW-OAK-OGG.  The confirmation number references all  legs of the trip.  When we checked-in online only the first two, BOS-MDW and MDW-OAK were given boarding assignments.  The last leg is later in the day and I am wondering if it will just magically be assigned to us at a later time?  Or do we need to check-in again with the same confirmation number later in the day?  First time doing a multi-city ticket so any help understanding how check-in works for that is appreciated!

so you booked two flights, right?

1) BOS/OAK with a stop at MDW   .and.

2) OAK/OGG

If that is corect, yes you would have to check in for the OGG flight

trekkingwith4
Explorer C

Your help is much appreciated!  It was one reservation with 3 cities specified, BOS, OAK, OGG.  MDW is just a layover. 

So, you check-in 24 hours from the time of departure of the OAK-OGG flight with the same confirmation number (since there appears to be one confirmation for the entire trip)?  The single confirmation number for the multi-city trip was what was throwing me.  If I check-in using that confirmation number right now it just takes me to the BOS-MDW-OAK confirmation page.  Perhaps 24 hours out from the OAK-OGG leg, it will be different?   

bec102896
Aviator A

I know with the old system when I booked a flight like this (4 legs) it wouldn't give me the boarding pass for the 4th flight until the 2nd flight (the one way portion) was compleye because I had too many flights. I'm not sure how it works now as I have had A List so not sure if it would check me in for all 4 if I didn't have the status (if that makes sense)  

With the old system I bought EB for the 2nd one way of the multi city that way I would be checked in even though i wasnt able to access the boarding pass until I was in the middle of the travel day. I learned the hard way the 1st time I did it 6 years a go by getting a C boarding pass on the 4th leg because of how the system worked at the time. 

Keep in mind the time zone difference when you go to check in for the last part of the reservation. 

-Blake