Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

My Boarding pass

stvd1
Explorer C

This is my first time flying, I just reserved my round trip to Las Vegas from Milwaukee, my question is when and how do I get my boarding pass for this trip and can I print it out at home from my desktop pc ?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: My Boarding pass

qnsflyer
Explorer C
Solution

Your boarding pass will be available 24hours prior to your flight when you are allowed to check in for your flight.  Southwest does not have assigned seating, they board by groups, and you are allowed to take any seat that is available upon boarding.  Note though Group A is usually those who purchase advance boarding (fee involved) or those who check in immediately when available. If your flight is 7am on Wednesday, you can begin checking in at 7am the day before on Tuesday. Afterwards, you may print your boarding pass or if you have a smart phone I believe you can just scan your phone at the airport.  Enjoy your first flight.  Southwest is a great airline. 

stvd1
Explorer C

Do I get my boarding pass for the return flight the same way and if I can't print it out from that location then what do I do?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @stvd1,

Yes, you will get your return boarding pass the same way. Just check in 24 hours before your flight, and you can either download a mobile boarding pass, print it at home or your hotel, or you can print it at the airport. Plenty of options for you to pick from! Enjoy your trip, and thanks for posting in the Southwest Airlines Community! 

stvd1
Explorer C

Thank you for your help 🙂

aeutley
Explorer C

I'm boarding position B60.  Is that towards the middle or end of boarding position?  Is there an A B & C?

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

There is a pre board group then family boarding group then A 1-60  then B 1-60  then C  group. So with B 60 you would be about the 120 person to board.  There are 143 or 175 seats depending on what type of aircraft you get. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Family Boarding doesn't happen before A, it happens after the A group, before the B group.

Here's the full boarding order:

Preboards

BS and Upgraded Boarding: A1-15

A-Listers, EBCI, the lucky, and 24 hour check in (possibly): A16-60

A-Listers who didn't get an A pass, Family Boarding: After A, before B

More EBCI (possibly) and 24 hour check in: B1-60

Everyone else: C1-60ish, give or take

Someone with a B60 position will be -- depending on the number of preboards and, often more importantly, the number of people using Family Boarding -- anywhere between approximately the 110th to 140th person to board. 737-300s & 700s hold 143 passengers, the 800s hold 175.

The number of thru passengers will also directly affect your seat choices.