Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

New A-List and A-List Preferred Boarding Policy

Whtreadaway
Explorer C

Dear Southwest-

I just received the email noting the preferred boarding for companions or others booked on the same itinerary may now board together. 

THANK YOU!

This is a very nice A-List / A-List Preferred benefit!

thanks for the LUV!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: New A-List and A-List Preferred Boarding Policy

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Def an awesome announcement @Whtreadaway!!!

Great news for families!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

paule4ou
Explorer B

So can my companion (who always has a different reservation number) board with me??

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Your companion will still have to check in separately and board in their own position. My wife and I do this all the time just like you and your companion. 

Maybe one day we will have that perk too!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

SM7
Explorer A

NOT TRUE!!! One of the most BAIT & SWITCH policies by any airline! This is ridiculous. I've been an A-List member for 15 years & A-List preferred for couple years with a companion pass for my kid for the last 4 years. I read this as simple English & then the Southwest gate handlers at Phoenix Airport gate D-7 embarrassed me by first feigning ignorance about the policy & then clarifying that "the companion needs to be on the same reservation #" which they know is impossible!! Wow! Funny thing is I fly all over the US & only Southwest Gate handers at Orlando & Phoenix enforce & are happy to rub it in your face. I've flown & had my kid board along with me in so many other Airports like San Diego, Austin, Raleigh-Durham, San Jose, LAX, Ontario-LA, Orange County etc & they never make any fuss of a 8-year old boarding with me. And now Southwest rubs it in my face again! Not nice at all. "

dfwskier
Aviator A

@SM7 wrote:

You sure do like posting the same thing over and over and over.

Hope it makes you feel better.

See, I can cut and paste, too!

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@dfwskier 👍