Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

New to A-List - do I still need to check in to guarantee my boarding number?

Chelle313
Explorer C

Just received a promotional A-List status - YAY!  Now what?  I'm so used to setting my alarm 24hours and 3 minutes prior to departure so I can try to snag a good seat.  Does this now mean I can just "show up" at the airport 2 hours prior to departure, and my A-boarding number will be there?  Or do I still need to set my alarm to secure a good seat?  I see comments about 36 hours..does that only apply to Early Bird Check-in, NOT to A-List?  Thanks in advance for the explanation.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: New to A-List - do I still need to check in to guarantee my boarding number?

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

With A List you can check in at any time you don't need to check in at the 24 hour mark *unless you book your flight less than 36 hours prior to departure then you will want to check in at the 24 hour mark. 

Since you mentioned promotional A List that applies only to reservations traveled before it expires some think if you book before it expires you will be A List after the expiration. *You also might look at the details of the promotion to make sure it will apply to reservations booked prior to getting the A List status most SW promotions require registration then book then travel. 

For your first flight you might check in at the 24 hour mark just to make sure the status is there

-Blake 

Re: New to A-List - do I still need to check in to guarantee my boarding number?

Chelle313
Explorer C

Thanks, Blake, this was very helpful!  I will check my booked flights to make sure they all list the promotional status.

Much appreciated!