Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Saving Seats

spacecoastbill
Frequent Flyer B

Barbara on flight #3902 is not telling you the truth and needs to be disciplined.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@spacecoastbill wrote:

Barbara on flight #3902 is not telling you the truth and needs to be disciplined.

Wrong.

Southwest allows seat saving.

Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 5.23.49 PM.png

spacecoastbill
Frequent Flyer B

Actually, my statement was correct.

Their official policy is they dont have any stance for or against.

Therefor her statement contrary to that policy simply means she was not following the official non policy policy.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

No, you are still wrong. 😉

Not sure how you're apparently unable to understand this.

There is no policy against seat saving. Customers can save seats. Reps even confirm this in writing.

Her statement was correct.

spacecoastbill
Frequent Flyer B

It is you who do not understand and have to resort to deception to make your point.  Why dont you mention the entire policy instead of only the parts you like?

You conveniently only use half of the policy to enhance your point.

SWA has no policy for saving seats, therefore you are incorrect.

See how that works?

And further, even though you claim customers can save seats in that seat, just how do they accomplish saving the seat that now has another person sitting in the open seat?  If they claim a seat is saved and someone sits in it that kindof makes it unsaved.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

And... if someone doesn't sit in it, then they have successfully saved that seat.

See?

spacecoastbill
Frequent Flyer B

The same is true if two strangers sit in the window and aisle seat and nobody sits in the middle seat.

They have sucessfully saved a seat without saving a seat.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Ah! Eureka.

I knew you'd eventually get it.

Customers can save seats.

Your earlier statements that, "there is no seat saving on Southwest," were wrong.

spacecoastbill
Frequent Flyer B

Actually you are close.

If you want to save a seat on Southwest, you say "This seat is saved"

If someone wants to sit there, then there is nothing you can do to stop them, and your saved seat is now not saved any longer.

In my previous example, the seat is not saved, it was just not wanted by anyone.  Trying to claim a victory there is only showing how disingenuous your position is.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

You should probably look up the word, "disingenuous." I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Following your logic:

If you want to save a seat on Southwest, you say, "This seat is saved." If someone want's to take it, but doesn't because someone is saving it, then that saved seat has been successfully saved.