Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No mobile boarding pass due to one confirmation number for two people

Malkavian99
Explorer C

I have found out today that the reason we couldn't get our mobile boarding pass, on our phone, is because there are two passangers under one confirmation number. This was the first trip I had booked where that happened. All previous bookings via southwest.com we each received seperate confirmation numbers and didn't have a problem.

This seems like a step backwards for Southwest and an inconvenience for couples who routinely travel together. For us, neither could print our bourding passes until we called and had a customer service person split us into two confirmation numbers. This was an inconvenience. We did have them split us for another trip we already have planned.

The customer service person told me that I need to now complete two different transactions when booking two adults. This also seems to be bad because I might see a price and book the first person, but then be able to get the price for the second person. Just don't show me price if you only have once seat available.

I wish Southwest would go back to the policy of giving confirmation numbers to each passanger when booking. This doesn't sound like it is saving anything and causing more phone calls for customer service. I will be calling customer service each time it combines me and my husband under one confirmation number. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: No mobile boarding pass due to one confirmation number for two people

jkubik
Explorer C

Soooooo annoying.  I travel with my son also and it won't allow mobile boarding passes.  Such an easy fix I don't see any reason for not allowing this.

AngelaG123
Explorer B

Seems like it would be in SWA's best interest to allow mobile boarding passes for each person since it makes it quicker at the airport for them as well. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Southwest's IT department has their hands full just trying to keep the website running. (It's been experiencing issues for 2 days now.) Mobile boarding passes for multi-passenger itineraries has been requested since they started offering mobile boarding passes. One hopes it will happen soon, but knowing how Southwest implements IT (keep in mind that they were one of the last carriers to even offer mobile BPs) one isn't particularly optimistic.

Southwest is Broken Right Now