Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No more SFO -> MKE directs after 9/4/17 (Labor Day)?

jwitz10
Explorer C

Is Southwest ending the SFO -> MKE non-stop routes after 9/4/17? I was starting to look for Christmas flights back home for this year and not seeing any non-stop flights on any day after Labor Day. Is this the end of this non-stop route? I know a lot of people that swear by this route (both coming and going).

I know there are always announcements on the beginning of new routes (good PR!) but never when they're ending them (boo!).

If so, probably means I'm booking Delta through MPLS or (god forbid) United to ORD.

Please advise.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: No more SFO -> MKE directs after 9/4/17 (Labor Day)?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Maybe Virgin to ORD, but I hope you can find a nice Southwest route that accomodates you. Denver is a nice layover, not too far out of the direct line.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

toddsiefert
Explorer C

That really is disheartening. That was the last nonstop MKE <-> SFO. We go twice  a year and counted on it. I used to pay more to get priority bordering and pick my seat. We'll switch to the Delta thru MSP now. Cheaper and I can pick my seat.

jodiety
Explorer C

Yes, this is really an unfortunate surprise!  I've been traveling SFO-MKE on Southwest for the last 10+ years (with my kids)- typically twice a year. Does Southwest have a feedback channel for this type of change?   If there is enough demand for the non-stop option, perhaps it can be reconsidered.

toddsiefert
Explorer C

Oddly I noticed a nonstop on United from Madison (MSN) to SFO. Problem would be how to get to Madison easily. Friends don't mind dropping me at the Milwaukee airport but a trek to Madison probably wouldn't work. 🙂

bredehoftm
Explorer C

I miss having the direct flight MKE to SFO also.  I would fly this route 3 or 4 times a year and the flight was alway full.  I don't understand why SWA would drop such a popular route.

mpbu
Explorer C

Per schedule,  Southwest is bringing back SFO MKE in June 2018, and I hope that Southwest keeps that flight during the school year when the new schedules come out in future.   United airlines is starting a SFO Madison direct flight year-round so I hope SFO MKE starys year round too.

SFO or OAK nonstop to MKE is a highly desirable flight during school year

bleiken
Explorer C

Agreed. Very frustrating -- I fly SFO to MKE every 2-3 weeks and really wish this route was year-round.