Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Not receiving boarding passes by text--only email

billycorsair
Explorer C

After getting logged in and securing boarding pass, I enter my cell number for boarding passes but never receive them. I receive them by email, but never text.  It's not a cell phone issue because I always get flight delay notices by text (lots of those, lately!!), but no boarding passes by text.

I've called SW about it, but they claim cluelessness.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Not receiving boarding passes by text--only email

dfwskier
Aviator A

@billycorsair wrote:

After getting logged in and securing boarding pass, I enter my cell number for boarding passes but never receive them. I receive them by email, but never text.  It's not a cell phone issue because I always get flight delay notices by text (lots of those, lately!!), but no boarding passes by text.

I just tried it for a flight tomorrow and text worked fine. Are you sure you typed in the right phone number.

I've never had your problem, and yours is the first complaint of this type that I've seen here so there is something unique to your situation.

Why not skip the step and put the SW app on your phone. Then you can check in on your phone. Your boarding pass will show up when you check in, and then you simply save it to your photo album.

Re: Not receiving boarding passes by text--only email

SWDigits
Aviator A

@billycorsair wrote:

You may want to try the Southwest Twitter team, their handle is in the "Contact Us" link found at the bottom of all forum pages.

Customer | Home airport DCA